Tuesday 14 July 2015

This Will Ruin Your Day

I am sorry, but I think every adult in the western world should know about it. So obviously not little brother safe if your brother can read.

In the 1980s, I read some cyber-punk stories. Those were really scary, really cynical stories about what the future might be like. One was about a guy who had had so many children through donating sperm that he wasn't sure how many children he had had, and he couldn't be sure the women he picked up for a good time weren't own his daughters. This is worse.

Incidentally, my American readers' president, the former Junior Senator from Illinois, voted against a ban on so-called "partial birth" you-know-what on more than one occasion. I wonder if someone hadn't explain to him the commercial value of such butchery.

Update: I guess the whatsit-rights people have to go beyond "It's just a clump of cell" now. Now they'll have to say "It's just a clump of tissue--with a head, liver, lungs..."

3 comments:

  1. Words fail me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this yesterday and posted a massive rant about it on facebook. I was seething. How have we come to this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I literally felt ill when I read this.

    ReplyDelete

This is Edinburgh Housewife, a blog for Catholic women and other women of good will. It assumes that the average reader is an unmarried, childless Catholic woman over 18. Commenters are asked to take that into consideration before commenting. Anonymous comments may be erased.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.